Sunday 20 July 2014

About a Girl I Once Knew (Narrative)

She's unlike any girl I've ever seen. That's the truth. She has raven hair, hanging straight down her shoulders. And when she's talking to you, she will brush them back and tuck them behind her ear. That said, she is NOT like any raven-haired girl you'd have ever met. She's unique, like a rare gem you often dream of, but never actually find. Her eyes are the colour of chocolate and coffee, always sparkling with life, and when you look into them, all you will see is honesty. Her face, well, you'll probably notice her freckles first. She never tries to hide them because she isn't conceited. She wants you to see her for what she is. And to tell you the truth, I think those freckles suit her. And when she smiles, she looks so radiant and pretty, that my heart actually flutters like a caged bird. That's the effect she has on me.
Now I don't think a man ever notices a girl's hands while he's talking to her, but I did. Hers are small and delicate, with slender fingers that are absolutely    mesmerising. I'm told that my eyes follow the movement of her hands as she brushes them through her hair.  Well, I don't deny it, because I know how special she is for me. Everything she does captures my attention. I tell you, any man will be proud to have her.
When she talks, all I can do is listen. Her voice is soft yet clear, and when she speaks, it casts a spell over me. Its not as if I don't want to listen to her. But her voice has a reinforcing effect that tells me I'm going to listen to whatever she's saying.
I'm not sure if I'm able to do justice to her so far, because as I said, she's unlike any girl I've ever met. So it's impossible to compare her with someone and say: yes, she's the better one. Of course she's better than them all, so comparing her to them is like disgracing her. She's like an oyester's pearl: rare and valuable. And all I know is, I like her more and more with each second I spend with her. I've gotten so used to her that I don't want to be without her. Ever. I just hope she feels the same way too. I hope my wish comes true. I want to shower her with all the life's joys, if only she becomes mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment