Thursday 19 June 2014

A Place in My Dreams

I know a place in my dreams;
An island, as big as a trireme

Around it, though, there is no sea;
Float it does, through the galaxy

Swirling clouds surround its base;
Beautiful moon, it does always face

I look around, and glimpse the two trees;
The rest is grass, cool under my bare feet

Under the gnarled tree I sit;
The Earth below it, a hollow pit

Across the isle, I see the oak;
Its highest branch holds the web like a cloak

I pluck the grass and make a thread;
And weave another wish to the web

While my dreams never come true;
And my thoughts, always going back to you

I gaze around at the galaxies;
The stars and comets, all at peace

The eons taught them what I don't know;
The joy is there after every sorrow

They attempt to teach, and I try to learn;
A change in myself, I can discern

But the morning's here, its time to leave;
And see if troubles this hope can cleave

If my hopes break,  if Fate makes them shatter;
The lessons of night, I will not remember

Tonight I'll add another hope to my web;
It won't matter then, if the old ones are dead

The galaxies will be silent, and the grass, green;
When I retire tonight, to the place in my dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment